Soruna Bathhouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soruna Bathhouse

Welcome to the incredibly luxurious Sorūna Bathhouse and Boarding! An interactive roleplay group where your character is an Eidolon staff member living and working in the ever-busy bathhouse.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The One to Get Away [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

The One to Get Away [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Kanlaon timidly walked into the room that was assigned to her and three other laundry workers, who were not there at the moment.  

The young girl was in awe the moment she found out she had been hired at such a wonderful place as the Soruna Bathhouse.  Her work would be hard, but she'd been forced to work hard her whole life.  At least now she would be getting paid for it.

Not to mention it would get her out of the ghetto's where her parents lived.  

A small smile rested on her little face, her eyes huge as she had made her way through the Grand Entrance and mingled in with the crowd of wealthy high class citizens and workers, all so beautiful and so above anything she'd ever seen before.  

Her new workplace thrived on a bustling liveliness that was so upbeat and hopeful compared to the slums in which she came.  Everything was beautiful.  The lights, clothes, interior decor... even the smell was lovely.  

When she saw she'd be getting her own little cot on the floor of her own (well, nearly her own) little room, she had to cover her mouth to hold back an excited squeak of joy.  

She placed her small bag of belongings on the ground next to one of the rolled up cots and sat down beside it.  The young girl then took in a deep breath of air, letting it fill her lungs with the sweet scents the bathhouse carried, rather then the smog and pollution of the slums she was so accustomed too.  

In this moment she was in total bliss, unable to remember a time she had been happier.

Last edited by Kanlaon Ekgnet on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:55 am

Jomo had found himself at the door of the room he'd be sharing with other laundry workers not 20 minutes after Kanlaon did. His bag of belongings was at his feet, and he was leaning against the wall next to the door with a distressed look on his face. He hadn't been out on his own to work in years.. Let alone a high class place like this. He could barely contain the feeling that his heart was going to burst right out of his chest, and maybe do a little jig as it landed on the floor. Though, of course thats impossible.

Jomos tail had been between his legs the whole while he was trying to find where he was supposed to stay.. Asking for directions with a sputtery voice and whispering soft sorries each time he bumped into someone.

He inhales deeply and thinks about the woman who allowed him to come here.. An immediate sense of calmness washes over him. He knows he has to be brave, for her. And with that, he puffs out his chest slightly and walks in the door.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Large black eyes widened as a new person walked through the door. Kanlaon stared up at the newcomer.

A boy, a pretty boy at that. With really fascinating markings, such as fin like ears and scales. He had purple eyes and soft looking hair.

The small girl wanted to touch it, but reminded herself that was the sort of thing that would cause someone to hit her back home. She'd have to keep her little hands to herself.

"Are you my roommate?!" She blurted, but then shyly recoiled back and bowed her head. This boy was older than her, after all.

"Sorry for my yelling, I'm just excited. Please forgive me!" She apologized as she kept her head bowed.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 pm

"Hello!! Yes I'm Jomo, whats your name?" He asks, suddenly feeling much, much, better about living and working here at the bathhouse.

He had such a cute roommate, she was small and looked sweeter than a strawberry, he thought. He was sure they would get along fine.. Relieved he was roomed with someone younger than him rather than older, he sat his belongings down on the bed that had not yet been claimed.

"No its fine." He nodded his head, his ears fluttering out of joy. "You don't have to apologize I can be pretty loud myself sometimes I think..." He said happily.

Jomo had never been the best with formalities due to the fact he didn't go out much after the incident but he appreciated them greatly.

Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Kanla let out a happy sigh of relief, he wasn't upset at her. He didn't seem like the type to even be able to make an angry face. Try as hard as she might, she couldn't picture her new roommate with a scowl.

"Jomo? I like that name! My name is Kanlaon." She said, watching him as he got settled. He seemed very friendly, something that up until this point Kanla wasn't used to.

"I wonder what our other two roommates will be like." She pondered out-loud. "I hear that this room is for the newest workers! So that must mean today is your first day too, right?" She asked, scooting in a little closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Jomo sat down on the end of his bed, facing towards Kanla as she spoke. His tail swished happily behind him and his markings seemed to shimmer slightly. He couldn't help but be impressed with how long her hair was.. He wonders how long it took her to grow.

"Nice to meet you! And yeah this is my first day too.." He says with a smile. "I was feeling pretty nervous but I think I'm getting better now that I'm actually talking to someone." He says honestly.

Though he had only exchanged a few words with Kanla he felt better. He had been afraid he wouldn't talk to anyone throughout working here.. And though that was a ridiculous thought, he didn't know what to expect. He had never worked a day in his life in an establishment like the bathhouse. He didn't know how things worked.. How people were.

Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:17 pm

"You're older than me." Kanlaon stated, gazing the boy up and down. She wondered just how old he was. "I'm only 18." She said, her own tail swaying lazily behind her. She was aware she was one of the youngest who worked at the bathhouse. Really, she was just happy she found someone who would hire her.

"How old are you?" The little girl asked, tilting her head in curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:23 pm

"Oh, I'm 34, so yeah, I guess I am older than you." He says sweetly, his own tail mimicking the movements of hers now. He scooted back on the bed and crossed his legs, placing his hands on his ankles.

"So, when did you get here?" He asks.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 pm

"Only a little bit before you did." The young girl chirped.

She had known he was older then her, but even still his features were that of someone younger than even 34. He had such a boyish charm about him. Kanlaon liked that. In a way, he reminded her of a girl, what with how soft he looked.

"You look younger then 34 to me. You must be rich and use fancy creams and magic to make yourself look nice, huh?" She thought out-loud. Though it wouldn't' have made much sense for someone wealthy to be working as a laundry worker.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 pm

"Oh.. Well I grew up as a farmer. I'd been living in the upper districts a few years though!! I haven't used any.." He pauses, trying to remember the words she used. "Creams or magic or anything like that though to make me look younger." He says in conclusion.

Since he was a fish Eidolon he never grew much facial hair.. And when he did, he would shave it and it wouldn't usually grow for months at a time. Same with other places on his body, hair was sparse on him in general. He didn't mind having a young look about him though, it never got in the way of doing anything he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:16 am

Kanlaon was surprise to hear that he didn't come from wealthy background and used stuff to make him look younger.

"Wow, I hope I stay young looking like you! My mom and dad look really old." She giggled, wiggling about a little.

What she didn't know was that the reason her parents were so aged was due to their substance abuse and poor life style. They were alcoholics and even partook in drugs, all of which Kanlaon was too young to understand.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:27 am

"I'm sure you will!! You're very pretty!" He says with a smile. He always liked giving complements.

He shared resemblance to both his mother and father, to most that met them it was obvious that he was their son. Other than the fins and gils he had from being a fish Eidolon, he had traits of both. He had his fathers straight, blond hair. Though his fathers was lighter than his due to being bleached by the sun years after years of working in it. He had his mothers skin tone, though he was much tanner than his natural color now.

"Where are you from?" He questions.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:44 am

Kanlaon blushed and placed her hands on her cheeks. She was not used to getting compliments.

"Oh! Thank you!" She blurted. She had never thought herself as pretty. Girls from the ghettos were not beautiful. She wondered if he meant what he said, or if he was just being nice. Even if he was just being nice, it meant a lot to the child.

"I'm from... I'm from the slums..." She admitted softly. She wasn't proud of where she came from.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:49 am

Jomo didn't seem to be phased by her inferring she was from the slums, in fact, he didn't see anything wrong with it at all. Even if she was from the slums.. She seemed like a good enough person, he though.

"Must be a big change, coming to work here and all. I know it is for me.." He remembers how he felt looking at the entrance to the bathhouse.

He was shocked to see how much bigger the bathhouse looked when he was in front of it rather than looking at it from a distance. And even then, it had lower levels that you couldn't see from the outside.

Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:51 am

Kanlaon giggled and nodded her head. She was glad he didn't keep asking her questions about the ghettos. She was also grateful that he didn't seem to judge her either.

"It sure is a big change!" She agree'd, wiggling in excitement. "A good big change! I'm so happy to be here, you probably couldn't even guess how happy I am!" She said, and it was clear by the tone in her voice she really was elated to have such a job and new home.
Back to top Go down
Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

Jomo Arlyn Eberbach

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:07 am

Jomo grinned as he listened to her speak excitedly about her job. He figured he should take a page from her book and start looking on the bright side as well!

"I'm sure you'll do great here, its good to be excited about your job!!" He nods his head, finding her attitude refreshing. He had been nervous beyond reason upon entering the bathhouse but now he's found himself feeling much better about things. There were people younger than him working here so it must be easy to get by.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:35 am

"Yeah, we'll both do great Jomo!" Kanlaon declared, a big grin on her face.

If he thought his working conditions were to be easy though, he was in for an unpleasant surprise. None of the novice jobs were pleasant. And on top of that, the laundry workers and furnace feeders had it the worst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The One to Get Away [Closed]   The One to Get Away [Closed] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The One to Get Away [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soruna Bathhouse :: Sorūna Bathhouse Building :: Ground Floor - Laundry Rooms/Storage :: Laundry Worker and Scrubber Housing-
Jump to: