Soruna Bathhouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soruna Bathhouse

Welcome to the incredibly luxurious Sorūna Bathhouse and Boarding! An interactive roleplay group where your character is an Eidolon staff member living and working in the ever-busy bathhouse.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Detestable [O]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akan

Akan

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Among the plentiful crowds of chefs, waiters, and busboys in the kitchen, a tiny dark figure weaves his way around, going barely unnoticed by the mob of Eidola. Only the veteran workers would be able to notice the little monster's presence, his movements quick and precise. He has one goal in mind, and that's to obtain a meal to give him energy for the rest of the day, perhaps something cooked up by Yokuto.

The monster's eyes grow warmer under the rim of his red rice hat at the thought of the jolly old man who has been like a grandfather figure to him for as long as he can remember. His mood shifts from a goal of hunger to a goal of finding the elderly man for some good company, even if it's just for a few moments. He knows how busy the kitchens can be.

Stealthily, Akan ducks under the rushing legs of a few waitresses to get to the other end of the large kitchen faster, the air is thick with steam and the heavy scent of cooking. A cart brimming with an assortment of decadent desserts rolls by and Akan reaches out his shorts arm to hitch a ride on the bottom of it, surveying the area as he rolls along.

Akan deduces that Yokuto's presence appears to be lacking; the older man must be out serving customers. With a small sense of despondency, the little monster hops off the cart and starts walking toward the back of the kitchen, not wanting to go out into the dining area where he could be spotted. As he makes his way back he grabs a small back of dry wanton noodles and clutches it close to his breast, his hunger returning to him quickly.
Back to top Go down
Zhuyin Zhong

Zhuyin Zhong

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Zhuyin was making his daily rounds to check in randomly at each level of the bathhouse. He would stop by and just observe the workers, making sure they were at their best. He demanded that everyone who worked in the bathhouse was perfect. And that of course, was most likely one of the reasons that the Administrative Manager was never satisfied. Perfection, especially in the eyes of someone as cynical and judgmental as Zhuyin, was impossible.

His hand ran over the sheath of his sword as his eyes narrowed in on a busboy who was working on washing the dishes.

"You there." He snapped, approaching the young man. "You think this is clean?" He asked, picking up a dish that the boy had finished and placed on top of a stack of the rest of his clean dishes. The plate did not look dirty, and the poor busboy looked at Zhuyin with big, nervous eyes.

"Well?" Zhuyin snapped.

"I... I..." The boy stuttered.

"I've been watching you work and there is no way in hell that these dishes have been thoroughly cleaned at the fast rate you're washing them in. And look at that water? When was the last time that you refilled it? You can't wash dishes in filth." His voice was calm, but extremely cutting at the same time. It was as if at any moment he could lash out into irate anger.

The poor busboy was obviously terrified of him. Good. That's the way that Zhuyin liked it. He would be feared and respected by all of his employees. It made him feel powerful and he craved it. A sly smile came to his face.

And then in an instant he slid all of the clean dishes back into the filthy water. The busboy's eyes widened and his cheeks were flaming red. The slight commotion had caught some of the attention of the other workers. Zhuyin didn't mind this. He wanted the other workers to be aware of his presence as he dealt with this boy. It would make both the boy more embarrassed, as well as the others aware that Zhuyin wasn't the type to just let them get away with anything.

"Clean them right this time." He ordered in a calm but firm voice. There was a hint of warning to it as well, letting the busboy know that if he were to mess up again, things would get ugly.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Akan was just about to exit the kitchen when the commotion from the dish washing station caught his ear. His keen senses deciphered almost immediately Zhuyin's harsh tone, verbally lashing the poor dishwasher into submission. This definitely wasn't the first time Akan had seen such brutality from the Administrative Manager and as much as it made the Eidolon's blood boil to see such unjustified rage there was not very much he could do about it. Akan and Zhuyin had a silent agreement to not get in the way of the other's business and while this allowed Akan to have more freedoms than any other security in the history of the Bathhouse, it meant he had to set aside his hero complex.

There were ways however that he could assert himself without getting to involved.

The little hat Eidolon set aside his noodles and walked calmly over to one of the high counters behind Zhuyin and his latest victim. With ease Akan pulled himself up by the handles of the cabinets to climb atop the counter. He perched himself calmly, taking up little to no room on the countertop, one of the chefs making bread next to him didn't even acknowledged his presence as she worked.

Calmly, Akan entwines his fingers and sets his hands on his lap, his narrowed eyes looking blankly at the back of Zhuyin's head. He would wait for the man to turn around and see him, he wouldn't draw any attention to himself or say anything, just let Zhuyin know he was there, watching.

That he is China's other pair of eyes.
Back to top Go down
Zhuyin Zhong

Zhuyin Zhong

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 pm

The busboy was smart and didn't give Zhuyin any trouble. Submissively he began to drain the water so he could refill the sink and start over washing the dishes.

Zhuyin watched him for a moment before looking at the small group of workers who had stopped what they were doing to see what was going on.

"All of you back to work." He hissed. Without a second of hesitation everyone was back to their job, all nervous that if they made a mistake Zhuyin would make an example out of them as well.

The sly, satisfied grin remained on the torch Eidolons face, but he felt that he was still being watched. He looked around and spotted Akan in his pathetically small monster form, just staring at him.

Zhuyin's nose curled in detest.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" He sneered, placing his hand back on the handle of his sword.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Akan recognizes the gesture Zhuyin makes toward his sword to be a warning, this is his turf apparently, Akan is infringing on his business. The little monster doesn't break his gaze away from Zhuyin's, asserting his right to be here and his authority as security. He's smart though, smart enough to make no gestures or say anything that will intimidate Zhuyin too much, that could lead to more conflict that necessary.

Akan releases a steady breath, his small figure swelling with air as he inhales and deflating almost comically as he exhales, but he is very calm. Unlike the rest of the workers, he is clearly unintimidated by Zhuyin and his domineering disposition.

In one swift motion he is standing on his tiny legs, still barely taking up any space on the countertop, his eyes still locked to Zhuyin's. He brushes the flour off his tiny body, looking very distinguished for such a small being. They may have an agreement, but Akan won't hesitate to use his presence as a safety precaution.
Back to top Go down
Zhuyin Zhong

Zhuyin Zhong

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 pm

The anger swelled up inside of Zhuyin as this little imp of a monster dared defy him like this. What was this, some sort of warning? Some sort of point the Security Guard was trying to make?

There were few people Zhuyin hated more than China and Akan. He had to be smart though. If he was going to take over he'd need to not loose his cool around the hat creature. Zhuyin was powerful, but China was even more so. And with her and Akan being so close, he was at a disadvantage.

Still, he bore his fangs and hissed at Akan. A thin veil of smoke trailed from his mouth and nose as he breathed out. It was a sign that he wasn't just irked, he was furious.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Even against the harsh expression Zhuyin threw furiously in Akan's direction the small Eidolon doesn't budge. His eyes don't even narrow further, he knows that would be breaking under the pressure, faltering by letting Zhuyin get to his emotions. By allowing that he is allowing Zhuyin to get the upper hand.

No, no he will let Zhuyin make a fool of himself in front of all these people, get made and storm off in his rage. Perhaps it would show them who is truly the source of their protection, China and himself.

The Eidolon of unimpressive stature crosses his tiny arms behind his back, folding his fingers together to show he is now just observing Zhuyin. The chef beside him continues to work, but her eyes flicker over to him every now and then out of curiosity, wondering why her superior is getting so infuriated by such a pathetic little Eidolon.
Back to top Go down
Zhuyin Zhong

Zhuyin Zhong

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Zhuyin turned and left the kitchen, in a calm manner that was very different than the rage he was feeling.  The only sign of his anger was the smoke that continued to seep from his nose and mouth with every exhale.  

He was making his way up to China's headquarters to have a word with her about the defiant little Security Guard.

Continued in this thread.  
Back to top Go down
Draconis

Draconis

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Draconis was heading down to the kitchen to grab some food, feeling hungry for something with meat, however, he just about avoided bumping into Zhuyin.

Being a dragon, he wasn't overly fond of other dragons near by...and didn't like the other all the more due to his poisonous personality.

Draconis hiss low in his throat at the other and headed into the kitchen, bowing to the staff before asking for some food from one of the cooks.

they smiled and quickly went to work in making some food for him while Draconis looked around.

He then noticed Akan and bowed his head respectfully at the little hat Eidolon.

"Is Zhuyin disturbing the staff?" he asked softly, handing over some herbs to one of the chefs for them to sue in the food
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:57 pm

The narrowed eyes of the tiny monster followed after Zhuyin as he stormed off, his busy mind buzzing with thoughts of how China would react to the situation. Zhuyin had done a flawless job at making himself look ridiculous in front of all of these workers, releasing his temper as well as giving Akan the upper hand. In the back of his mind though he could already hear China's lectures about how to treat those of higher status.

Whilst in his pondering state he had not completely noticed Draconis approach him so when the young man spoke Akan's eyes widened and looked up at him quizzically. He had seen the dragon before, around the herbal gardens, but he had forgotten his name.

Akan's eyes dart away from Draconis' eyes in embarrassment, his shyness beginning to show though he tries his hardest to hide it. The little monster shakes his head no, not wanting to make him worry or disclose too much information. In this moment the argument was between himself and Zhuyin.
Back to top Go down
Draconis

Draconis

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Draconis glanced at the little Eidolon before being given his food. he looked over to the chef that handed it to him and bowed his head in thanks before looking back at the hat Eidolon.

"It is okay to not speak of it." he murmured, smelling the other's emotions on him. "It is not my place as a simple Herb Preparer....even if i do have a certain....distaste towards him." he said, half growling towards the end and the tip of his tail flicking irritably.

Looking back at the other, he bowed his head. "My Apologies...Akan-San....I am Draconis....one of the most senior in the Herb Gardens as of presant." he said, giving the other a twitch of a smile in the hopes that he wouldn't be so nervous around him.

he seemed cold most of the time and aloof....but he was a genuinly caring person
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:56 am

Akan bows his small head to acknowledge that Draconis has spoken to him and that he forgives him. The hat Eidolon finds a sort of sense of satisfaction knowing that Draconis doesn't particularly enjoy Zhong either... As if there is some kind of secret alliance between the two, though he knows such thoughts are foolish.

As China would tell him, there are no sides to chose from when it comes to running this business, only workers to keep in order. Alliances are the beginnings of wars.

Akan crosses his arms behind his back in silence and continues to watch the bustle of the kitchen staff, admiring their hard work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Detestable [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detestable [O]   Detestable [O] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detestable [O]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soruna Bathhouse :: Sorūna Bathhouse Building :: 4th floor - Dining Level :: Kitchen-
Jump to: