Soruna Bathhouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soruna Bathhouse

Welcome to the incredibly luxurious Sorūna Bathhouse and Boarding! An interactive roleplay group where your character is an Eidolon staff member living and working in the ever-busy bathhouse.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Big Brother [I]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Akan

Akan

The Big Brother [I] Empty
PostSubject: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Weaving in and out of the thick crowd of laundry workers and scrubbers a tiny monster Eidolon searches. His big, narrowed eyes search through the thick steam of the room for someone in particular, someone who is nothing but dirt among these workers.

Akan has a goal, to find the little girl, the one little girl who needs him more than any worker in this building. He weaves past a few of the workers, ducking under skirts, moving around vats of hot water and soap. He searches through the crowd carefully to find the tiny girl, a girl who is comically larger than his monster form, but still very small in his own eyes.

The little monster is determined, this is very important to him for more reasons than any could imagine. He needs to keep it in secret though, no one can know he is interacting with the little girl. That may subject her to danger.

When he finally finds her he approaches quietly, not even looking at her, wanting to look busy with something else, but he wants her to notice him. He waits for her to at least look at him.

Last edited by Akan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Kanlaon was busy working, and she was working very hard. Sweat covered her brow, her bangs falling down into her face no matter how many times she tried to tuck them back. Steam from the wash tubs made the rooms hot and the air thick with humidity. It was hard to breath, but Kanlaon preferred it over the city stench that was so strong where she lived.

She was bumped and pushed around a lot, being so small. A few people stepped on her tail, eliciting soft cries of pain from her. But instead of apologizing, they'd only glare at her, which would cause the poor little girl to keep her mouth shut, hold back her tears, and keep working.

She was so wrapped up in her work that she hardly noticed anything else around her, especially the little hat monster near by.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 am

The little monster recognizes her hard work, he sees a much younger version of himself... Perhaps even a stronger version of himself. He doesn't even mind that she doesn't notice him at first, if anything he respects it from her.

Akan resolves to move around to the other side of the wash tub to get her attention, staring at her eyes so she can sense his presence, one of the few times he wants to be noticed. None of the workers bump or shove into though he's very small, they all know to avoid him.

When she sees him he'll take her away from this horrible workplace with it's unseemly conditions. He will take her away from it and show her the other end of the Bathhouse.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 am

The young girl did sense someone's eyes on her, and it made the fur on her tail ruffle. She breifly glanced up and saw a pair of red eyes staring back at her.

Quickly she looked down again, scared that she had offended him by making eye contact. Even though that hat monster was small, there was something scary about him.

She scrubbed the sheet harder against the wash rack in the tub, causing some water to splash up and get on her face. But she hardly even flinched from it. It was clear she was very timid.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 am

That was all Akan needed to see to take her out of the laundry room. He walks away from the opposing side of the wash tub and stands beside the young girl, tugging on the hem of her uniform once and gesturing her to follow him.

He keeps his eyes on her's to make sure she understand and then turns to start walking slowing toward the exit, slow enough so she can keep up with him. His eyes stay narrowed to make sure people don't question him.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:23 am

The little girl glanced down at Akan when he tugged at her uniform.  She noticed he wanted her to follow him, and she was worried she was in trouble.  

She obediently padded along behind him, her hands clenched together in nervousness.  

"I-I'm sorry if I did something bad." She apologized in a soft voice once they got further away from the bustling crowd of workers.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 am

When they are away from the large crowd he reaches back quickly and gives the girl's hand a reassuring squeeze. He doesn't touch her any more though, he doesn't want to make her any more uncomfortable than she already may be.

Akan guides her up passages ways, back ways only he has seen before, so at no time at all they are in a secluded section of the bathhouse, a place riddled with piping and one small window. He walks over to the window and picks up a stick beside it so he can reach up and open it. A cool breeze rolls into the room and he sits on the floor, gesturing for her to sit before him with one of his small hands.

His eyes are no longer harsh, but shy-looking and a little nervous, his red rice hat hiding the tops of his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 am

Kanlaon relaxed when he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. She was still riddled with curiosity though. She had no idea who Akan was, and where he was taking her.

Normally she knew better than to follow strangers off, but since she was at work, she felt like she could trust everyone there.

A childish thrill of excitement rushed through her when they got to the secret looking place. She felt like she was being allowed into a special club that not many people knew about.

She sat down in front of him and gave him a timid, nervous smile, not sure what to say.

"So... if I'm not in trouble... what's going on?" Kanlaon asked, her voice very tiny and girlish.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:40 am

Akan closes his eyes for a moment, taking a little bit of time to try and overcome his shyness. When he opens his eyes back up he raises his hand to signal her to stay calm and he puts his finger over his mouth to tell her to stay quiet.

The little monster then transforms into his large intimidating human form, his face still covered by his headscarf and rice hat. His legs are criss-crossed and his hands rest on his knees. Akan's eyes stay calm and warm, his posture nonthreatening.

"...Hi Kanlaon," He says in a quiet, nervous, but very low voice. He sounds like a teenager, a young man not even treading full fledged adulthood yet. He doesn't want to show his face yet to her... He knows his looks are not the most welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:44 am

Kanlaon watched the little monster close his eyes. Her own eyes were large and interested, unsure and curious all at once.

She smiles a little and puts her finger up to her mouth as well, as if to let him know she'll be quiet. But before she could react further she saw him transform into his large human form, totally different then the little hat creature that was smaller than she was. Now he towered over her.

Her expression got somewhat scared, she wasn't expecting that. She backed away from him a bit, but she didn't make any noise.

"H-how do you know my name?" She finally squeaked out. She hadn't seen this man before.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 am

Akan's eyes sadden when he sees how nervous she gets, but it wasn't unexpected.

"I know a lot of people's names," He replies softly, "I want to help you." He speaks quietly, staying in his place and not approaching her or getting closer to her.

"I want to train you," he says quietly, "You have much more potential then the position you're in right now... I want to help you go higher in the ranks." He says this all to her with a quiet voice, his tone pretty damn nervous for someone who's very big and intimidating.

Last edited by Akan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:56 am

Kanlaon tilted her head in confusion. He wanted to help her? Why would he want to do that? He didn't even know her... well at least... she didn't know him. She wondered how much he knew about her, since he all ready knew her name.

"Why?" She finally asked, twiddling her fingers. She was also a nervous person, very shy and timid.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:24 pm

"Because there is a lot of promise in you Kanlaon," he says softly, "But only if you want me to help you."

He then bows to her, his hands folded in his lap. He wants to show her respect since he will be training her if she says yes to his offer. He can relate closely to how she feels in this moment, and if she is anything like he was she will want to pursue this training.

Akan has a feeling she won't fail his observations.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Kanlaon's eyes widened and she gasped when he bowed to her. Quickly she bowed even lower! She'd never had anyone, especially an adult, bow to her before!

She was practically laying on the floor in an attempt to bow lower then he was.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 pm

The towering man looks up slightly and smiles from behind his headscarf at the sight of the little girl laying on the floor. Akan hopes she never loses that childlike wonder and purity... He only wants to give her the strength she deserves to survive in this place.

"You don't have to bow to me Kanlaon," he speaks somewhat bashfully, "I do need to know if you want my help though... If you don't I won't bother you anymore."
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Kanlaon looked up at him, not moving from her position. She was so confused in this moment, but she nodded her head yes.

"I-if...if it wouldn't be a burden, Sir." She squeaked out. "Then I would be most grateful for any help I receive..."

She slowly sat up and nervously grabbed at her long hair, which was pulled back in a string of ties. She ruffled her fingers through the end strands of hair, not really thinking about it but just doing it on impulse. Her eyes continued to gaze up at Akan.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:55 pm

The large man's eyes seem to smile from under the brim of his rice hat and he bows his head slightly.

"Please call me Akan," he speaks to her, "I know it's not very formal, but in here we are on the same level." He looks around the hidden room.

"I used to spend a lot of time here when I was younger. It was like my escape room because I was small enough to fit through the passageways," he looks back down at Kanlaon and tilts his head slightly, "But I guess it's not my secret anymore hm?"
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Kanlaon bit her lip. She had never been equal with anyone before, save for the other street children her age. The child she stole the Isaw with, they were equals. Maybe...

The truth was, the Ekgnet name was even disrespected in the lowest of places. Some people were in the slums because life had been unfair to them. Her family was there because they were irresponsible addicts, caring more for a game of cards and wagers then their own daughter.

"I like it in here...I'll keep it a secret too, I promise." She says with a serious expression, nodding her head up and down.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:11 pm

"Thank you," he replies to her softly and then bows his head. His eyes then light up and he stands, much bigger and more intimidating once on his feet. The tall Eidolon man walks over to some of the pipes and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a blue paper star tied to some fishing line.

With careful fingers he ties the star to the pipe so it hangs down, glinting against the light that shines in from the small window. He steps back and looks at it, a look of nostalgia in his red eyes.

"...Every time we meet, we will hang a star. As the world around you grows so should your mind. By the time we're done we'll have our own private universe of the knowledge we shared," he looks back at her from over his shoulder, "Don't let the sky be your limit when you have stars to catch."

He feels a tinge of embarrassment in his stomach from saying that line, words he has only heard from the lips of another, the one who taught him everything he knows. But it's appropriate he say it to Kanlaon to pass on his lessons.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Kanlaon didn't move from her spot when he stood. Instead she only watched him with big and curious eyes. The girls eyes were massive on her face, black pools that hid so much hardship and yet held so much wonder all at once.

A small smile came to her lips when he explained what he was doing. She balled up some, pulling her knees to her chest and clinging tightly to her hair. The smile just grew and her tail curled up around one of her legs. She often did this when she was so happy she didn't know what to do with herself.

She blushed slightly and looked down, her bangs falling back in her face.

"That's... so nice Kuya-Akan....thank you." She said softly in her little girlish voice. No one had ever said anything so kind and encouraging to her before.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 pm

The tall man looks down at his feet, smiling to himself; he has to try hard not to turn back into his monster form out of shyness. He walks back to his place on the floor and has a seat, folding his hands in his lap to appear a bit more relaxed even though his heart is brimming with meekness. He nods his head in response to her thanks.

In this moment, hearing her call him that, establishes a kind of protectiveness toward the little girl in his heart. He doesn't want bad things to happen to her, he doesn't want her tail to get stepped on or for her to get shoved or scalded. He knows however, that these things prepare young people for the reality of life. He himself had to take more than a few beatings to get where he is now.

But he'd be damned if he at least didn't try to make life a little bit easier for her than it was for him.

"Kanla... I think maybe if you curl your tail around your leg when you work it will keep it from getting stepped on," he suggest in his low, timid voice, looking down at his lap as he speak for his shyness seems to bind his gaze there.
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Kanlaon noticed the shyness in Akan, and it was odd for her to see someone grown as timid and meek as she was. But she could sense it in him. They both shared that quality. Somehow, that made her more comfortable around him.

She stood up and curled her tail around her leg like he suggested. "It's hard to do if I think about it... it only happens naturally if I don't think." She said, pouting her lips out a little. She relaxed and her tail fell back to it's normal position of just laying limply behind her. "Sometimes it has a mind of it's own." She giggled, covering her face bashfully.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Akan nods his head in understanding, staying in his somewhat relaxed position as he speaks.

"It's important to be able to have control over your actions so you don't get hurt in certain situations. You have to practice being able to move and hold your body at your own will, just as you have to do the same thing with your mind." Akan stands up and cracks his neck.

"When I was little I used to have a nervous impulse where I'd randomly turn into my monster form, even when I didn't want to. Because of that people were able to hurt me easier. I had to learn how to control the impulse so I could defend myself," it's surprisingly easy for him to talk about this with Kanlaon, especially since the subject is so sore for him.

"I tried to focus on what made me turn so rapidly and once I had a good grasp on sensing it I was able to start focusing on keeping it from happening. Each time I felt the urge start to form I would think about how much it hurt when people beat me as a monster. It took a long time, but I was able to get the hang of it." His eyes smile after he speaks.

"Maybe you can do the same to control your tail."
Back to top Go down
Kanlaon Ekgnet

Kanlaon Ekgnet

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Kanlaon frowned as Akan told her of that story. She couldn't imagine why anyone would want to hurt someone as nice as him. Especially in his monster form, which was so little and cute. She didn't understand it, but she believed it. She was no stranger to how cruel this world could be. People had hurt her, and she had seen other people get hurt as well.

"I'll try." She said quietly, the frown still on her face. She really hated the thought of someone beating up Akan in his helpless monster form.
Back to top Go down
Akan

Akan

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm

"Would you like to try now?" He questions, wanting them to train just a little bit in their first meeting. He knows as long as she's with him she won't get in trouble for missing some of her work, he had that kind of authority as well as permission.

And perhaps such a lesson, even if it is a small one, will give her the sort of starting confidence to go far. That's how he learned at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Brother [I]   The Big Brother [I] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Brother [I]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soruna Bathhouse :: Sorūna Bathhouse Building :: Ground Floor - Laundry Rooms/Storage :: Laundry Rooms-
Jump to: